Monday 8 September 2014

Buttons and Bows

Hi Crafters,
I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the lovely people who have left such encouraging comments on my last two posts, it is always nice to get positive feedback on our creations. After spending hours in my craft room wrestling with what papers to put with what embellishments and which colours to choose for an image, it is all worth while when a fellow crafter praises our efforts, so thank you again.
So, on to the business of todays card....

Recipe
Image - Pre-coloured Topper from Hobby House
'When I Grow Up' by Mo Manning
Papers - Molly Bloom
Buttons and ribbon from stash
Sentiment - LOTV
Corner Bow Die - Memory Box
Faux Stitches Stamp
 
These pre-coloured toppers from Hobby House are a godsend when it comes to making a quick card, it's just a pity that I picked THE most complicated card fold and swing element to mat and layer that any time saved colouring was spent making the base. However I love it now that it's made. Here is a picture hopefully showing the folds....
 


Challenges
In The Pink - Buttons and Bows
Fussy and Fancy - #122 More Than One Fold
The Ribbon Girl - Add Ribbons
 
Well that's all from me tonight, it's quite late so I'm off to bed.
 
See you soon,
Lorraine

19 comments:

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Hugs Rita xxx

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine. I love the wonderful design, adorable image and beautiful papers too.
sue xx

Ella's Design said...

This is awesome, Lorraine! Not done one of these shape cards for ages, but I think you've just inspired me to make another one! Love your choice of papers and sweet image, coloured brilliantly! It was definitely worth the time! Hugs, Lisa x

Ella's Design said...

Me again! Just noticed you said you'd used a pre-coloured topper...it's early - but you could've got away with it..and it's still awesome! Lisa x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Lorraine, what a fabulous card, the style is amazing, I've never tried a fold like this before, looks complicated.
Love all the embellishments to, hugs Kate x

Lizzy Smith said...

Holy Cow! No time wasted here, it was a worth it. This is so cute ! I don't think I could manage this. It looks very complicated. Love the swirls too. Just darling. ~lizzy

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, what a fabulous design and such a sweet image.
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, love the colours and stunning design.

Donna x

Mariska said...

Oh absolutely adore this! Love the design of the card, the cute image and the bold colors. My six year old (and probably also my nine year old) would LOVE this.
Hugs,
Mariska

Jacee said...

Fabulous creation Lorraine, super image and beautifully coloured, love the papers, and the inside is smashing, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Beth Brovold said...

Beautiful and clever folds...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!! Your card is so perfect for our "More than One Fold" challenge!!
Beth F&F DT

Gina's Cards said...

What a beautiful design Lorraine. Love the colour combo and the topper is a real cutie.
Hugs
Gina x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh what a fabulous design! Such a special card Lorraine, I'm sure this will be treasured :o) Hugs, Lisa x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful shaped card love the cute image and beautiful papers and dies
Carol x

Kat W said...

Oh wow, I LOVE the fancy fold design and the button/bow embellishments are perfect for our challenge at In The Pink - thanks for sharing with us :-)
Kat x

Linda Levoir said...

Wow, that really was a labour of love, but so worth it, it looks faboulous. I must say it's very rarely that I make a fancy folded card simply because of the time involved, I would love to have a go at a swing card at some point (though I don't think I'm brave enough to tackle something quite this complicated), it's another that's on that mythical list :) xx

Yvonne said...

Thank you so much for entering the Challenge at Fussy and Fancy "More than one Fold". I wish you luck with your entry for the Top 5.