Monday 5 August 2013

Craft Challenge!

What a beautiful, bright, sunny and warm Monday morning we have here in Norwich - hope you are all getting the same.
Today I would like to share with you a Door Hanger that I altered for a challenge over on Country View Crafts . This month the subject is 'Quotations & Sayings' hopefully I have complied to the rules.
Here goes:

 

It started off as a plain chipboard tag that I painted with brown acrylic paint, then added crackle paint in Antique Linen before spraying it with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Rich Gold. Then came the fun part - the embellishing. Small ribbon pieces from my stash, key and lock are a Sizzix Alterations die - 'Hardware Findings' cut from Tim Holtz grunge board painted and shimmered in the same way as the tag itself. The larger flowers and leaves are from Prima, I believe, the small ones are Wild Orchid Craft flowers. A small length of trim in a bronze colour, again from my stash and two glass dewdrops in red. The 'DREAM' ticket is from a strip of Adage tickets from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range which I am trying to using sparingly because I love them too much. Finally, the sentiment is from a stamp set from Stampers Anonymous 'Stuff To Say' inked on to cream cardstock and heat embossed with red embossing powder.

I really enjoyed the process of making this tag and it's the first time I have made anything like this. It was a little out of my comfort zone to create grungy and tattered, I usually stick to cute or classic styles. But I think it turned out ok.
Would love to hear your comments on it.

Well, bye for now

Lorraine

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi thanks for hopping over and leaving a comment. Would love you to follow me through Google friend connect too. I see you don't have that option. I would add it get more people to your blog. Your tag is fab and I adore your blog background. Are you on Facebook?

Inkypinkycraft said...

this is gorgeous, love all the layers and how the quote is almost framed, it looks rich and yummy! Thanks for joining us at countryviewcrafts challenge this time for our quotes/quotations challenge Trace x